In some cases, you might consider taking legal action against the NHS or a member of staff, and claiming compensation. Taking legal action against an NHS body or any local authority can be long, costly and complex. It's therefore best to have a solicitor.

If you've been harmed as a result of negligence by an NHS organisation or healthcare professional, you may be able to claim compensation. If you decide to pursue a claim, seek legal advice.

The NHS Litigation Authority (NHSLA) acts on behalf of NHS organisations when negligence claims are made against them. It can't offer advice to individual patients, but the NHSLA website guides you through the practicalities of negligence claims.

If you wish to make a claim please contact the Patient Services Team on 0161 212 4960 or or write to us at:

Salford Clinical Commissioning Group

Civic Centre

Chorley Road


M27 5AW