What is the Equality Delivery System 2 (EDS2)?
EDS2 is a system designed for NHS organisations to improve their equality performance for patients, communities and workforce. The short animation video below explains what EDS2 is and how it should be implemented by local NHS organisations.
Central to the EDS2 is a set of 18 outcomes aligned to four goals. These outcomes focus on the issues of most concern to patients, carers, communities, NHS staff and Boards. The four EDS2 goals are:
- Better health outcomes for all
- Improved patient access and experience
- A represented and supported workforce
- Inclusive leadership
- Salford CCG Diversity and Inclusion EDS2 Report and Improvement Plan 2018 (Goal 3: a representative and supported workforce)
- Salford CCG Diversity and Inclusion EDS2 Report 2016 (Goal 2: improved patient access and experience)
- Salford CCG Diversity and Inclusions EDS2 Report 2014 (Goal 4: inclusive leadership)