Stoptober, the Public Health England campaign that encourages smokers across the country to stop smoking during the month of October, is back for the seventh year running.
The Stoptober challenge is based on research which shows that smokers who make it to 28 days smoke free are five times more likely to quit for good.
Many smokers try and quit unaided but smokers can boost their chances of quitting successfully by using the support available. This year, Stoptober will offer a FREE Personal Quit Plan to help smokers find the right support for them.
To sign up to the Stoptober challenge and to receive support and advice, answer some questions about smoking and your lifestyle HERE.
- You will feel healthier. No matter how long you’ve smoked for, quitting can help improve your health straight away.
- You will save money. If you smoke a packet a day, you could save around £250 each month.
- You will protect your family. Quitting helps protect your loved ones from harmful second-hand smoke –reducing their risk of developing asthma, meningitis an some cancers.
What support is on offer?
- An online Personal Quit Plan
- Face-to-face support including expert help from local stop smoking services, and advice and support from pharmacy teams and GPs.
- Stop smoking aids including nicotine replacement therapies (such as patches, inhalers or lozenges), prescription tablets and e-cigarettes.
- The Stoptober app with support at your fingertips
- Email support for tips and motivational pick-me-ups.
- A Facebook messenger bot for support, information and advice at any time of the day.
Find more information about quitting smoking HERE.