Calling all innovators! We've launched a new Innovation Locality Call for ideas to improve healthcare. See below for details - but be quick as our deadline is Friday 17 October 2016
What is innovation?
Calling all health innovators
24 August 2016
NHS Salford CCG is launching the new Innovation Fund Locality Call in partnership with Salford CVS, with a total fund of £250,000.
The Innovation Fund Locality Call will look to fund the testing and development of innovative healthcare products, services and clinical practices that aim to improve the experience and outcomes of patients.
Applicants can apply for an award of up to £100,000 (inclusive of VAT). Applications are sought which align to the following NHS Salford CCG strategy group innovation priorities:
Long Term Conditions (in particular cardiovascular disease, diabetes and dementia)
- Self-care / Self-management - including supporting patients / patient groups
Children and Young People
- Mental Wellbeing
- SEND - Special Educational Needs & Disability
- Early intervention and prevention across issues for children and young people
- Improving medicines safety
- Improving patients getting better outcomes from their medicines
- Reducing medicines waste
- Improving medicines reconciliation at transfers of care
- Improving and maintaining the physical health of people with serious mental illness
- Care Navigators (click here for details) for patients newly diagnosed with a mental health condition
- Support to ensure patients appropriately access the right urgent care services for the right care i.e. targeted communication / education / feedback on appropriate use of urgent care system.
- Pathways or interventions that prevent A&E attendance or prevent ambulance conveyance or avoid admissions
Community Based Care
- Increase collaborative working across all community based partners – including innovative approaches to recruitment and utilisation of staff across primary/secondary care, different models of service delivery, patient pathways and novel approaches to extended roles for allied health professionals.
- Safer discharge into the community.
Engagement & Experience
- Responding to Needs Assessments undertaken through the city’s Joint Strategic Needs Assessment programme (click here for details) i.e. reducing health inequalities.
- Motivating behaviour change in our local population to live healthier lifestyles, self-care more and support others in our local communities.
Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate that their submissions have relevance to, or impact on the Salford Locality Plan: Click here for further details.
Initial applications via the application form submitted to at the bottom of the page and submitted to email@example.com will be assessed and scored, with those shortlisted being invited to present their proposal to the Innovation Fund Panel. The panel will then make a final decision and communicate the results.
Please note funding will only be paid to organisations, not to individuals. Subject to due diligence, those that are successful will be notified in January 2017. Successful projects, which will need to be delivered within a 12-month timescale starting in 2017.
The Innovation Fund Locality Call for applications is open now. Applications must be submitted by 5pm on 17th October 2016
How to apply to the Innovation Fund?
- Download the Salford CCG Innovation Locality Call 2016-17 application pack
- Read the Terms and Conditions 2016-17
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17 October 2016