Five ways to wellbeing
Evidence suggests there are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing. If you give them a try, you may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most from life.
- Connect: Connect with family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Join a new club and meet new people
- Be active: Find an activity you enjoy, as exercise makes you feel good. Go for a walk, run or bike ride. Join a local sports club
- Keep learning: Sign up for a course, read a book, learn a new skill. Find out how to fix or make something new
- Give to others: Do something nice for a friend or a stranger, volunteer your time, thank someone, smile. Join a community group
- Take notice: Savour the moment, be aware of what is around you, including what you are feeling